Who We Are
The Board is charged with the assessment and collection of taxes from individuals and non incorporated bodies as approved by relevant federal and state laws. Our Mission is to provide effective and efficient tax administration through innovation and professionalism capable of generating sufficient income for socio-economic and infrastructure development in the Abia State comparable to the best in the World.
Abia State Internal Revenue Service being one of the major funding arm of the Government has taken on the challenge of increasing the IGR of the State through the adoption and implementation of various strategies which have impacted positively on revenue generation and collection.
The Board is charged with the assessment and collection of taxes from individuals and non incorporated bodies as approved by relevant federal and state laws.
To become an efficient and transparent agency that render value added services to taxpayers with a view to generating revenue for the state through voluntary compliance.
Mandate / Goals
- Assessment all chargeable persons, Collection and accounting of all revenues accruable to Abia State;
- Enforcement of compliance with the provisions of the Act;
- Provision of guidelines for tax administration in Abia State.
Our Core Values
- Dedication to duty
- Accountability and Transparency
- Prudence in Resource Management
- Efficiency in Tax Administration
- Accuracy of Reporting